Code of Conduct
The Chatham Power Code of Conduct outlines our commitment to providing a professional and quality service. We value integrity, professional excellence, and innovation. We fulfill our community obligations.
At Your Service
- Our clients are our highest priority
- Our friendly staff will treat you with courtesy and respect, be as helpful as possible, and be sensitive to you individual needs
- Our clients are entitled to the best value service. We will beat all comparable competitor’s fees
- We return unclaimed assets to rightful owners for a reasonable fixed cost. There are no hidden account keeping or management fees. We do not deal with, advise on, nor purchase owner’s shares.
- Our dedicated staff are on hand to assist you between 9:00am and 5:00pm (AEST) from Monday to Friday,excluding public holidays.
- You can contact is by telephone, fax, E-mail, mail, and/or by visiting our Lygon Street office.
- We will attend to you needs as promptly as possible. Telephone messages will be responded to within 24 hours. Correspondence (including electronic mail) requiring a response will be acknowledged as soon as practicable, or progress response provided within 14 days.
Privacy and Confidentiality
- All information is treated with the utmost privacy and confidentiality
- We protect the personal information you provide and will only use this information for the purpose of meeting your needs
- We endorse the National Privacy Principles as laid out in the Privacy Act
- To protect our clients and their interests, suspected identity theft or other fraud is reportable to police.
Professional and Quality Service
- You may revoke a signed Authority within three (3) days.
- Should the amount recovered vary, our fees will vary in direct proportion to the amounts recovered
- We aspire to have the highest standard of management systems, policies and proceedures.
- Our staff are encouraged and funded to constantly imrove their core skills and expertise.
- Our firm is bound by ethical and professional standards, such as those of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Where we cannot help a client who has signed and submitted a completed Authority form, we will not charge you for our services and will write to you with a full explanation.
- If you are not satisfied with the services we provide, please write to our Client Services Manager. Our aim is to resolve all issues raised within 10 working days.
- We endeavour to resolve any concern or complaint fairly and quickly.
- If you believe that the issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please write about your concerns to the director responsible for quality audit, who will appraise and respond within 14 days of receipt.
- The Quality Audit Director, who will review all reported non-compliance to our Code of Conduct, is Casey J Tan (ICA Membership number 25312). Mr Tan has a track record of service excellence and commitment to the profession, business and the community.
- We contribute our time, expertise, and resources towards the well being and health of our profession and the community at large.
- We, together, with the Tan Family philanthropic trust, donate to charitable and welfare organisations such as the Rotary, and the Salvation Army.
- We will process on your behalf, at no charge, any donation to an Australian Taxation Office (ATO) registered charitable and welfare organisation. An official receipt will be forwarded to you.
- We offer our full time staff, who days of paid volunteer leave a year towards a community cause of their choice.
- We offer any any ATO registered charitable and welfare organisation a further 5% discount on our quoted fee.
- We pledge to adhere to a high level of socially and environmentally responsible conduct.
- We welcome your feedback on how we may improve on our services to our clients and our contribution to the community.